Sunday, October 9, 2011

I may not really understand, even if you explained it to me.

I just got in and looked at facebook.  Tammy, my dear sweet neighbor, already posted a picture of my daughter from the shower she hosted for her.    Baby is due around Thanksgiving.   Baby shower's are not all that uncommon but this was remarkable.  My neighbor Tammy doens't really know daughter.  Unlike me, daughter is shy, and hasn't gotten to know the neighbors.  Very shy.  Daughter is taking classes, working part time and lives with me.  She has lived with me on and off full time since her mom moved out of town when she was 13.  Daughter doesn't have lots of friends, and none that could throw and organize a shower for her. 
So get this.  My neighbor, just because she is loving and kind, organized an incredible shower, and invited many of her friends, also people that didn't even know daughter existed until recently, and met only for the first time today.  I showed up late (in time for cake), created (made is not a sufficent description) by yet another loving and kind neighbor, Sandy. 

I guess I'm not used to people being so kind and generous to people they don't know, but I sure appreciate that they picked my daughter to shower it on.  It helps more than you can imagine.
Thank you all who were involved in making a wonderful day happen, and making daughter and her son's life off to a good start. 

2 comments:

  1. 34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

    37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

    We love you guys!!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard, you are right in describing Tammy as dear and sweet. I was so bummed that I couldn't make it to the shower, but it was awesome to see you and Hannah for a few minutes last Friday. Hannah is such a precious girl, and I'm praying for her, her son, and her (pretty awesome himself) dad. Give Hannah a big hug for me!

    ReplyDelete